Students are required having already completed a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc. degree or a nationally recognized degree equivalent to 180 ECTS) and the first year of a Master of Science (MSc degree or a nationally recognized degree equivalent to 60 ECTS), with a minimum grade of “B–“ in the ECTS grading scale (at least a score of 70%). If requested, the applicant must prove the international recognition of the mentioned Degree as equivalent to a B.Sc. + first year of Ms, and provide such official recognition translated in English.
In any case, applicants should hold a university degree by September 1st 2011. Students will be selected on the basis of their academic merits and language skills (English). Students are required having a fluent level in English, certified by a TOEFL score. The result has to be paper based at least 580, computer based at least 237 or internet based at least 92-93. An alternative is a minimum score of 6.5 from IELTS test. Furthermore, basic computer skills are required. The Consortium Committee can admit excellent students with a somewhat lower TOEFL (550, 213 or 79-80 respectively) or IELTS score (6.0).
BioHealth Computing EM is comitted to promote a balanced gender participation in the course, access to disadvantaged students and to students with disabilities or special needs. As such, in case students of different gender are ranked equally, the tie would be resolved in favour of the less represented gender in the scholarship or admitted list. Also, students with disabilities or special needs are subject to a more favourable evaluation in the setection process and, if selected, might qualify for additional funding from the Erasmus Mundus programme. Applicants are given the possibilty to include information regarding any sort of disability in their application form.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 11 April 2011
Modeling of persistent organic pollutants in the Baltic Sea.
Modeling of persistent organic pollutants incorporates the development and application of mathematical models of the fate and bioaccumulation of organic contaminants to support the management of persistent organic pollutants.
Research, scientific communication with government agencies, and teaching and supervision.
A person who has been awarded a PhD or a qualification from another country that is considered equivalent to a PhD is qualified for employment as a research fellow. Preference is given to candidates awarded their degree no more than five years before the closing date for applications. Candidates awarded their degree more than five years previously are also given preference if special grounds apply, such as leave of absence because of illness, leave of absence for military service, leave for an elected position in a trade union or student organization, or parental leave or other similar circumstances.
The applicant must have the ability to collaborate as well as the competence and qualities needed to carry out the work tasks successfully.
Special weight will be given to scientific proficiency.
A research fellow is employed for 4 years. The employment can be extended if there are special grounds.
Further information about the position can be obtained from Michael McLachlan, telephone +46- (0)8- 674 72 28, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative coordinator Mikael Stenberg, telephone +46-(0)8-16 20 86, e-mail: email@example.com will provide further information about the application and appointment procedure if required.
Trade union representatives: Bo Ekengren, (SACO), Lisbeth Häggberg (Fackförbundet ST), telephone +46-(0)8-16 2000 (switchboard) och Gunnar Stenberg (SEKO) +46-(0)70-316 43 41.
Guidelines for the application are given in the Template for application for employment and for promotion to the rank of professor or senior lecturer at Stockholm University. The template and other relevant documents including Rules of Employment for the hiring of Teachers can be downloaded from Rules of Employment or be provided by the administrative coordinator. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application follows the template and that it is submitted before application deadline.
In order to apply for this position please use the Stockholm University web-based application form.
Activate application form for this position
Stockholm University: www.su.se
Templates and rules regarding employment: www.su.se/nyanstallning
Department of Applied Environmental Science: www.itm.su.se
You are welcome to submit your application, quoting ref no SU
614-2256-10, no later than October 29, 2010. We would appreciate it if
your application is written in English since it will be reviewed by
international experts, English being the working language.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Scholarshipfor.Info – MERIT is a multitrack
research-oriented master program based on a flexible curriculum that
covers a wide area of knowledge in the field of Information and
Communichttp://www.meritmaster.org/ation Technologies. The institutions participating in the
consortium, located in Spain, Belgium, Germany, Italy and Sweden belong
The Master’s Course covers Information and Communication Technologies in a broad sense, including fundamentals such as electromagnetism, signal processing, and information theory, and applications such as communications, remote sensing and image and voice processing. Half of the course credits are obtained in a second institution of the consortium and a double degree is awarded upon successful completion of the program. The language of instruction is English and the program includes local language courses up to 6 ECTS per academic year. Admission is restricted to 40 students.
This Erasmus Mundus Master’s programme has three 15-week semesters in which students take courses. An additional fourth semester is devoted to the completion of the Master Thesis. The program is research oriented, as thus concentrates on the development of research skills. Graduates of the Course may want to pursue careers in a research institution by completing a Ph.D., joining industrial R+D departments or perhaps starting a technology spin-off company. Therefore, strong emphasis is placed during the Master’s Course on the student’s personal work programme, which is focused on developing research skills. All students should have completed a Bachelor’s degree related to Electrical Engineering or related field.
The Call for Erasmus Mundus Category A student scholarships (non Europeans) for the 2011-2013 programme will open on December 1st 2010.
The Call for Erasmus Mundus Category B student scholarships (Europeans or non-Europeans with special restrictions) for the 2011-2013 programme will open on December 1st 2010.
– The Foreign Press Association is offering a minimum of three
scholarships to foreign graduate students of journalism in the United
States, First Prize of $10,000.00, Second Prize of $7,500.00 and Third
Prize of $5,000.00. The awards are meant to encourage the pursuit of a
career in journalism focusing on international affairs.
Submit a one page statement indicating how a scholarship will affect your future plans Indicate if financial aid is needed. List all scholarships and fellowships you have received towards your studies in the United States.
The awards will be presented at the Annual Awards Reception in May 2011
Submissions must be received no later than December 30, 2010.
FOREIGN PRESS ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP FUND
333 East 46th Street, Suite 1K
New York, NY 10017
Nottingham MBA Leadership Scholarships
The Nottingham MBA has a number of competitive scholarships available to all self-funding applicants. We award scholarships to exceptional candidates on individual merit, considering the following criteria:
* Academic achievement to date
* Career experience and progression to date
* The quality of your application
* Your potential to contribute to the learning experience of the programme
If you are awarded a scholarship, the Business School may ask you to
become an Ambassador to support and promote the Nottingham MBA.
Nottingham MBA International Scholarships
The Business School provides several half fee scholarships for nationals from particular countries who want to student for the full-time MBA.
If you are awarded a scholarship, the Business School may ask you to
become an Ambassador to support and promote the Nottingham MBA.
International Centre for Corporate Social Responsibility (ICCSR) Scholarships. The ICCSR will be providing scholarships and bursaries for exceptional candidates.
Applying and deadlines
The deadline for all scholarship applications is Friday May 27th, 2011.
No decisions can be made until after the closing date.Further Information
The Aftermath Project is open to working photographers world-wide who are interested in creating work that helps illuminate aftermath issues, and encourages greater public understanding and discussion of these issues. Only those submissions including all required materials will be considered for entry.
Two grants for $20,000 each will be given for work to be done in 2010.
Three finalists will also be named (there is no monetary award for finalists, but their work is publicized and included in The Aftermath Project publications, etc.).
How to apply
Proposals should include an explanation of the specific aftermath issues related to the project being proposed, as well as an overview of the applicant’s plans for covering the story during the course of the grant year i.e the proposed timing of trips, etc. For more detailed information about the application process click here to download the application guide.
Sara Terry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 1 November 2010Further information
The MESPOM study programme is in English and lasts two years. The students study in at least three out of six consortium universities:
* International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics at Lund University (Sweden)
* University of Manchester (UK)
* Central European University (Budapest)
* University of the Aegean (Lesvos, Greece)
* Middle bury College and its affiliate Monterey Institute for International Studies (MIIS) (USA)
* University of Saskatchewan (UoS) (Canada)
* a good first degree in a subject related to environmental
sciences, policy and management such as biology, geography, other earth
sciences, civil engineering, urban or landscape planning, resource
economics or specialised disciplines (environmental engineering,
environmental management, environmental economics, environmental
* candidates with other first degrees are also considered if they show commitment to environmental careers, usually through work experience;
* MESPOM invites applications from all countries;
* proficiency in English (Test of English as a Foreign Language- TOEFL)
Category A scholarships (EUR 48,000): students who are not residents nor have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in the the EU/EEA-EFTA countries (including Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein);
Category B scholarships (EUR 23,00): all other students
All MESPOM applications should be made to Central European University in accordance with CEU Admission Requirements.
All candidates are required to fill in the CEU on-line application form and attach following documents:
1. Letters of recommendation
2. Academic records
3. A full curriculum vitae or resume, including a list of publications, if any
4. Department- and program-specific requirements (statement of purpose, research proposal, additional test scores, etc.)
5. Proof of English proficiency
Application deadlines is January 3, 2011 for the applicants seeking Erasmus Mundus scholarships types A and B or other financial assistance from the MESPOM Consortium or CEU (including fee waivers).
With any further inquiries about the admissions process and additional information contact the CEU Admission office: email@example.comApplication Deadline : January 3, 2011
Before submitting an application all applicants are strongly encouraged to read through the entire ‘apply’ section of this website.Please note:
* The Trust no longer offers scholarships for a second undergraduate degree.
* The Trust does not admit or place scholars.
Candidates for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship:
* may be citizens of any country outside the United Kingdom.
* may apply to study any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
* may apply to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study:
o PhD (three year research-only degree)
o One year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
o MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree)
o MBBChir Clinical Studies (four year postgraduate degree)
* must be admitted to one of the degrees above at Cambridge through the University’s normal admission procedures. The Trust does not admit students.
* must be well prepared for the Cambridge course for which they are applying and must meet all of the conditions for admission specified by the University (e.g. academic, English language proficiency, if required, and any other conditions set).
* must be able to show evidence of high academic achievement, leadership potential, social commitment and a good fit with Cambridge.
* who are already studying at Cambridge are only eligible to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if they are applying for a new course of study (e.g. a one year ‘MPhil only’ student may apply for funding to continue on to the PhD). Candidates already studying at Cambridge who are not applying for a new course of study (e.g. have already started their PhD) are not eligible to be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
US Citizens – 15 October
Non-US Citizens – 1 December.
Scholarshipfor.info – Blaise Pascal University is
opening the second year of its Master of Physics of Nanostructures to
scientifically confirmed foreign students. Advanced theoretical courses
* Light-Matter Interaction in Semiconductor Nanostructures
* Physics of Advanced Nanostructures
* Physics of Photonic Crystals: Towards Nanophotonics
* Physics of Surfaces and Interfaces
* Physics of Crystal Growth
* Optical and Electronic Spectroscopy of Nanostructures
* Symmetries in Physics
* Computational Quantum Mechanics
* Dosimetry and Radioprotection
The research training will take place in a laboratory on the Clermont-Ferrand Campus, which offers all the modern facilities to conduct high level scientific research. It has been officially ranked A+ (best 10%) among other French labs.
* Students having completed four years of University studies in Physics (Master 1st year successfully finished);
* Good command of the English language.
Three best applications will have the tuition fees offered by the University and will each receive a scholarship of 2000 euros.
All interested applicants should submit following documents:
1. filled registration form;
2. statement of purpose;
3. detailed CV (resume);
4. list of University marks for the last 3 years of study and the copies of the diploma obtained (with a certified translation);
5. recommendation letter from your professor (confidential, in a sealed envelope);
6. recent photograph;
7. copy of your passport.
All the application need to be submitted to: